tag line

AKA ..... getting the maniacs to sit still

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bumpa

My dear sweet Grandpa ( whom we lovingly call Bumpa ) passed away yesterday. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate having this sweet steady man in my life. I spent many of my summers with them and learned so much from him. How to get the dogs to lick the dishes so you don't have to rinse them (they did this while they were INSIDE the dishwasher), How to drive a golf cart, how to dip your bread in all your food, how to feed the birds and stay quiet enough to watch them, I learned that sometimes silence is worth a thousand words and how to get the dogs to chase all the squirrels within a 100 ft radius! He taught me what patriotism truly is every time he would talk about fighting in the war when he was just 17 years old, he had to lie about his age just to go but it was so important to him he didn't care. He was always up for an adventure and I don't recall him ever saying a harsh word to me although I'm sure I have deserved a few in my years. Bumpa I love you and I'm so thankful to of had you in my life. I hope your days are now filled with joy and free of all the sorrow and struggles your life had become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear what you're thinking......