tag line

AKA ..... getting the maniacs to sit still

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Double Late Birthday Post

I’m hanging my head in shame… I didn’t post for not one but TWO of my sweet childrens birthdays. Peyton turned 8 on October 1st and Weylin turned 13 on November 2nd.
Both of these are big birthdays for my boys. Peyton is now old enough to be baptized which he will be doing as soon as Weylin gets back, and Weylin is a TEENAGER!! How in the world did that happen?? People always tell you how fast they grow up, and when you have toddlers it’s just plain hard to grasp. But now I can tell you… they grow up too fast!
Luckily they are both fantastic young men. I could not ask for better boys.
Peyton is caring and loving. He’s full of adventure and will never turn down an opportunity to have fun. If it weren’t for him our house would be a much duller place. I have found out recently he loves to be put in charge. For a kid who shrinks from responsibility like hot coals it’s quite amazing. Give him something he feels is important and he will rise to the occasion beautifully.
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful boy.



Weylin is growing up to be such a mature and responsible young man. He is away at his Mom's this month and I cannot tell you how much I miss him. He has gotten to an age where I find I really miss having someone with mature ideas and concepts to talk to all day. Besides none of the other kids gets sarcasm yet so they don't get my humor like he does. It's nice to have a child old enough to share jokes with.
Not to mention how helpful he has become. I find myself always behind when he is gone... he is truly as helpful as having another adult in the house.
I am so proud of the young man he is, he is always looking for ways he can contribute in church and befriends the other young men who need it most. He is intuitive, perceptive, compassionate and giving. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have been given to call him my son.


Both my boys together



And just to keep it real... they spend a fair amount of time looking like this too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear what you're thinking......